Thursday, May 8, 2014

T-Minus 2.5 Days


Yesterday, we had our consult.  Dr. T was very nice, but I am not sure he totally understood how afraid I have been, and how brave I have tried to be.  I broke down in his office when I talked about how afraid I am that the embryo wouldn’t survive the thaw, and how I need to feel like I did my best to have a plan B.  He was concerned that the cost would be excessive, but J and I have reviewed the costs, and can swing it.  We can make the cost work, and while it is more than I had wanted to pay, it is a cost we can cover.   We start on Saturday with Round 2..t-minus 2.5 days and counting...

 

J is very tied to the idea of a girl, or as he calls it, Pigtails.  I saw a little more insight in to why yesterday too.  I think he wants to get to experience the side of sitting there and just watching his child instead of having to be the ever present coach, dad, mentor, etc.  And I don’t blame him.  I want him to get to have leisurely time with his child, not always structured.  He said he would feel guilty if it were a boy and he didn’t coach and do all he has done for his boys.  I get that.  I hope I can give him a girl.  But I also know we will love and support a boy too, and he will never question if we love him any less.

 

Today, I got the call about my meds.  They are so much cheaper this time around.  I have some left over, so I didn’t have to order as much, and Dr. T’s office gave me some of the Follistim that they had available.  That is a huge help.  The nurses there are so nice, and I want to get to do something nice for all of them.  I am thinking I may make a bunch of cookies or cupcakes the weekend before I start my next round and take them up there for my first appointment.  They have just been super awesome, and I think it would be a nice thank you.  We will see if I can swing that before I leave. J

No comments:

Post a Comment