Saturday, August 9, 2014

Make My Uterus Your Home!!

It has been a couple of days since our FET.  I couldn't write much while I was on my "bed rest" because I was trying to stay calm and relaxed, and I wasn't supposed to be sitting up in bed, which makes it hard to type!

So, on Wednesday morning, I got up and got ready.  Jason and I drove down to the clinic and I started to get very nervous.  So, of course, we bickered a little as we hit the traffic due to the construction around the hospital.  I hate that I fought with him as we went in for our appointment.  I hate that instead of just being happy, we had mean words for each other.  But I know he loves me, and he knows I was nervous, so we are well past it.  It just makes me a little sad to think about it.  I understand it, the stress is so high by that point, but it just sucks, you know?

About an hour before my treatment, I was supposed to drink 32 ounces of water.  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?  I have possibly the smallest bladder ever and process water at about the speed of light...this was going to be a disaster!

Anyways, we went in and met with the acupuncturist.  Dr. J gave me my pre-transfer treatment.  At this point I am starting to feel squirmy from having to pee.

Dr. T came in and told me the thaw went well.  My little guy was a champ- he thawed out and even started to expand and hatch- all good signs!!

After we talked about the embryo, they asked about my bladder.  I said I was definitely feeling it now, and asked how long it would be until I could pee so I would know if I could make it.  She said 45 minutes to an hour, and I said I didn't know if I could make it.  My nurse checked my bladder with the ultrasound and says "Oh my!  You DO have to go!" and so she let me go and pee for 10 seconds.  I came back and she asked if I feel better, I said a little.  Dr. T looked at my bladder again and said, "Go again, this time maybe for 5 seconds."  So, I did it again.  I came back and he still thought I was pretty full, but I said if it will help, I can suffer it out!

We did the mock transfer and it went well.  They loaded the embryo in the catheter, and transferred it!  Now my little butter bean is in my uterus looking for a comfy spot to implant and grow in to my baby boy!!

Here is my little boy!!  He was working hard to continue growing and hatch out of his outer shell!

After the transfer, Dr. J came in and did my second treatment.  About the time my bladder was going to either explode or I was going to pee myself, it was time to go pee!  Thank goodness!  After I peed, I got dressed, we loaded up, and drove home.  Jason stopped by Whole Foods (a luxury we don't have at home) and we ran by Smallcakes and got me a cupcake to celebrate.  I also peed again.  :o)

The drive home I slept most of the way.  It was easier than thinking about it all.  Once we got home, I got in to bed, and stayed there as much as I could for the rest of the day and the next day.

Friday was back to a light duty day.  It was hard to stay off of Google trying to find out when to take the home pregnancy tests.  I wasn't going to take one, but I realized, that is not my style- haha!  I need to know, I need to feel some level of control, some level of comfort in knowing I am doing something.  I won't feel discouraged until Beta Day if they come back negative, because it could just be my levels are hard to pick up and may be diluted in my urine.  And since we did an eSET (elective single embryo transfer) my hCG levels may not be high enough until Beta Day because I will only have one little guy in there!  So, I will be optimistic until my nurse tells me otherwise.  But I am also praying I get a positive test early!  Hopes and prayers are always on my mind, and I am headed to the dollar store to get some HPTs to start testing tomorrow and monitor my progress (hopefully it will be good news next time I am on the blog!)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment