Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Green Eyed Monster

It has been a week since my last post.  Mainly, it is because we are in the dreaded waiting cycle.  I hate waiting.  I have gotten (a little) better at it, not by choice, but out of necessity.

The truly bizarre thing about it all is that mentally, I feel pregnant already.  And not in the sense of I have a baby in me, that would be cray-cray.  I feel like my little baby is real, that he is ready for me, and I for him.  That I am already a mom.  I have two little embryos waiting for me to take care of them, love them, and make them mine.  And isn't that what pregnancy is? (Beyond the physical parts, I know)

Speaking of being pregnant, Facebook can be a killer.  Every day I open it up (Ok, who am I kidding, I open it more than once a day...much more) and as I scroll through, I have the nervous feeling of who else will be Facebook officially pregnant.  Lately, I haven't been blindsided by too many announcements, probably because most of the people I know and follow (for reals) already just popped out a kiddo and therefore aren't knocked up again yet.  So, now instead of pregnancy posts, I get a million look at my new baby posts.  And I am truly happy for them, but I am also sad for me.  AND JEALOUS- so jealous.  Not in the I don't want you to have it sense, but in the why not me sense.  I hope and pray, and feel faith, that my day is coming, and soon, but I am still nervous and still jealous.  In fact, I read a blog that the woman just had an FET.  A few years ago, they transferred two embryos and she had twin girls.  They had two embryos left, and they were going to try again, hoping for a second set of twins.  (These people must be crazy- two sets of twins- be still my heart!)  Well, I, like so many of the blog readers, prayed for them.  I prayed when they thawed the embryos and when only made it through thaw.  And I prayed for a successful transfer too.  And it worked.  She is pregnant.  And I got so sad and so jealous.  And I felt so bad for it.  Here I had been praying for this very thing, and then I was jealous and sad.  I know that it is not a reflection on not wanting it for them, and just really desperately and fearfully wanting it for me, but I hate that I felt that way.  But I did feel it.  And I know that someday, when it is my turn to announce I am pregnant, someone may feel that way about me.  And I realize it is OK.  None of us are wishing away anyone else's success in this, just sad and jealous that it is not ours...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment