Thursday, June 5, 2014

Eggs, Sunnyside Up!

Today was egg retrieval day...and I was a nervous wreck going in to this! I didn't have a great feeling about it because I had so few follicles growing and they were growing SLOW! Dr. Thompson told me at one point we were shooting for 4 eggs because I only had 5 follicles. I was disappointed to say the least.

J drove me to the office, and waited with me. And we waited and waited and waited. The anesthesiologist was late. About 30 minutes late. As I sat there in the procedure room with J, I just kept praying. Praying for eggs. Praying for healthy eggs. But I would get scared and sad and J would cheer me up.

Well, they finally got an anesthesiologist down there and once he showed up, things started moving quickly. They rushed J off and put me out and got to work. AND WE GOT 7 EGGS!!! Woohoo! Tomorrow I call in the check how many fertilized. I am hoping and praying for all, or as close to it as we can get! I hate the waiting, but it will give me more time to pray for good results...We will know soon!!

I am continuing to pray!! We are one day closer until my baby is in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment